How do I set rates based on the weather forecast?
Do you need to set different rates depending on the weather forecast? Set an absolute adjustment or a percentage adjustment to the rate based on the weather conditions in your rental location.
- From the strategies overlay, click the New button to add a new rule.
- Select Weather Rule from the dropdown list, to edit the weather settings for your strategy.
- Select the Main weather type that you want to adjust. You can only select one main type. In the example below, we will be adjusting rates for upcoming rainy days.
- Select a Weather Subtype. You can select more than one option here. In the example below, we have set a main weather type of Rain, with multiple subtypes.
- Set the adjustment amount to be applied to the selected weather type and subtypes. This can be set as either a flat fee adjustment, or a percentage adjustment based on the nightly rate.
Positive and negative numbers can be entered for the adjustments to represent either an increase or a discount. A negative sign in front of the number will represent a discount.
In the example below, we have set a flat fee increase of $50 for the rates with the specified rain conditions.In the example below, instead of a flat fee adjustment, we have used the percentage adjustment to set a 10% discount for the rates with the specified rain conditions.
- Click the Save button to save the rule to your strategy.
You have the option of saving your strategy now, and using your strategy as currently composed, or you may continue adding more rules, and fine-tuning other settings in the strategy details. Be sure to review your details and rules settings before clicking the Save button to save the strategy. This will result in new rates being generated for the rental.
As always, please contact us with questions any time. We're happy to help.