How do I set rates and min night stays for certain seasons each year?
Do you have certain seasons each year that require specific rates? Set a fixed rate or an adjustment to the rate for any season of the year.
- From the strategies overlay, click the New button to add a new rule.
- Select Seasonal Rule from the dropdown list, to edit the seasonal settings for your strategy.
- Click on the Date Range selector, in order to select the dates that will have their rates adjusted. In the example below, we will be adjusting rates for the peak season from January 10th to March 15th.
- There is also an option to set a new minimum night stay for the selected dates. This field is not mandatory, so you can leave it blank. In the example below, we have set a minimum night stay requirement of 3 nights.
- Use the Base Rate option to set a base rate, as well as the desired min rate and max rate thresholds for the specified dates. In the example below, the season from January 10th to March 15th will use the base rate of 200 when generating the starting rate for our rental. Rategenie will ignore the previous min rate and max rate settings in the strategy and rental rate settings, and will use the new settings set here in the Seasonal Rule, for the specified season. We have set 150 for the min rate, and 300 for the max rate.
- Use the Base Rate (Percentage) option to adjust the base rate, set in the strategy or rental rate settings, up or down for the specified dates.
Positive and negative numbers can be entered for the adjustments to represent either an increase or a discount. A negative sign in front of the number, will represent a discount. In the example below, we have set a 10% increase for the base rate on the selected dates.
- Use the Percentage Adjustment option to adjust the nightly rate up or down for the specified dates.
Positive and negative numbers can be entered for the adjustments to represent either an increase or a discount. A negative sign in front of the number, will represent a discount. In the example below, we have set a 20% increase for the nightly rates on the selected dates.
If you wish to leave the rate unchanged for the selected dates, but you wish to enforce a new minimum night stay, then you can enter “0” for the percentage adjustment.
- Click the Save button to save the rule to your strategy.
You have the option of saving your strategy now, and using your strategy as currently composed, or you may continue adding more rules, and fine-tuning other settings in the strategy details. Be sure to review your details and rules settings before clicking the Save button to save the strategy. This will result in new rates being generated for the rental.