Last Minute Adjustment Rule
How do I increase my occupancy for upcoming dates?
Do you want to maximize your booking opportunities through the current day? Set the number of nights from today that you want to adjust your nightly price up or down. The minimum night stay for those nights can also be adjusted in order to further increase appeal.
- From the strategies overlay, click the New button to add a new rule.
- Select Last Minute Adjustment Rule from the dropdown list, to edit the last minute adjustment settings for your strategy.
- Set the number of nights, starting tonight, that you want to adjust the rates. In the example below, we have 2 different adjustments. In the example below, we will adjust the rates from night 1 to night 3, and then from night 4 to night 7.
- Set the percent that you want the nightly rate to be adjusted either up or down. A negative sign in front of the number, will represent a discount.
In the example below, we have set a 10% discount for nights 1-3, and a 5% discount for nights 4-7.
- There is also an option to set a new minimum night stay for these upcoming dates. This field is not mandatory, so you can leave it blank.
In the example below, we have set a minimum stay requirement of 1 night, for nights 1-3. For night 4-7, we have not specified a minimum night stay, so that the minimum night stay from the next highest ranking rule in the strategy. Because the guest has less time to schedule extended leave from work, it is not unusual to combine a nightly discount with a shorter stay, in order to make the dates more appealing.
Of course, what you choose to do is entirely based on your own business needs. If you wish to leave the rate unchanged for these upcoming dates, but you wish to enforce a new minimum night stay, then you can enter “0” for the percent adjustment.
- Click the Save button to save the rule to your strategy.
You have the option of saving your strategy now, and using your strategy as currently composed, or you may continue adding more rules, and fine-tuning other settings in the strategy details. Be sure to review your details and rules settings before clicking the Save button to save the strategy. This will result in new rates being generated for the rental.