Gap Night Adjustment Rule
How do I increase my occupancy for nights between bookings?
Do you want to convert more orphan days into booked nights? Set the price and minimum night stay adjustments for booking gaps up to the number of nights you specify.
- From the strategies overlay, click the New button to add a new rule.
- Select Gap Night Adjustment Rule from the dropdown list, to edit the gap night adjustment settings for your strategy.
- Set the adjustment amount to be applied to dates recognized as gap nights. This can be set as either a flat fee adjustment, or as a percentage adjustment based on the nightly rate.
Positive and negative numbers can be entered to represent either an increase or a discount. A negative sign in front of the number, will represent a discount. In the example below, we have set a 10% discount for any gap nights.
- Set the maximum number of nights that will be recognized as a gap between bookings.
The adjustment will then be applied to gap lengths from 1 night up to the specified value. In the example below, we have set the length of a gap up to 3 nights between bookings. That means a gap between bookings of 1, 2 or 3 nights will have the adjustment applied.
- There is also an option to set a new minimum night stay for bookings made for dates in the gap. This field is not mandatory, so you can leave it blank. In the example below, we have set a minimum night stay requirement of Length of gap - 1. This means that if a gap between the bookings is 3 nights long, the minimum night requirement for a booking would be 2 nights.
If you wish to remove the minimum night stay requirement from a rule that already has a requirement saved, you can select the option for No minimum nights. This will allow the rule to be saved with no requirement, and any nights in the gap will have a minimum night stay enforced from the next highest ranking rule in the strategy.
- Click the Save button to save the rule to your strategy.
Adding more than one Gap night rule
Now you can add more than one Gap night rule for your linked strategy as well. To achieve this please click on 'Add new item' button.
In the example below, we have set the two length of a gap up to values, one is up to 3 nights and second is up to 5 nights between bookings. That means a gap between bookings of 1, 2 or 3 nights will have the adjustment applied as -10% whereas gap between bookings of 4 or 5 nights will have the adjustment applied as -5%.
You have the option of saving your strategy now, and using your strategy as currently composed, or you may continue adding more rules, and fine-tuning other settings in the strategy details. Be sure to review your details and rules settings before clicking the Save button to save the strategy. This will result in new rates being generated for the rental.