Length of Stay (LOS) Discount
How do I discount my rates based on the length of stay?
Do you want to provide discounts for longer stays? Discount your rates using the Length Of Stay (LOS) Discount feature.
- On Rates page, click on the Actions button.
- Select LOS Discounts from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Add button to create a new LOS Discount.
- When the LOS Discount modal appears, select the Type of discount that will be applied.If the type is Flat, then a flat fee reduction will be applied to the booking total. If the type is Percent then a percentage reduction will be applied to the booking total.
- Add the Amount of the discount.For percentage discounts, the maximum value that can be entered is 100%.
- Enter the Length of the stay that will be discounted. The discount will only apply to those bookings where the number of booked nights are greater than or equal to the value set in this field.
- Enter the minimum number of Guests required in order for the booking to qualify for the LOS Discount.
- Provide a Name and Description for the discount. This will allow you to easily recognize the purpose of each discount you have created.
- The LOS Discount can now be created. However, you add additional parameters to each discount you create, with the following optional settings:
- Start and End: If a date range is added while creating an LOS Discount then the discount will be applied only for bookings that start within that range. For example: If the Start date is January 1 and the End date is February 28, then the discount will only apply to those bookings which start after January 1 or before February 28. Discount will also be applied for bookings starting on January 1 or February 28.
- Rentals: Discounts can be rental-specific. Just select 1 or more rentals and the discount will only be applied to bookings created for the specified rental(s).
- Channels: Discounts can be channel-specific. Just select 1 or more channels and the discount will only be applied to bookings created for the specified channel(s).
- Click the Save button to create the LOS Discount.
- Now if you go to the Cost Estimator or any booking engine, you will see that length of stay discount is being applied if the booking information matches the criteria defined in the LOS Discount.
- If you have multiple discounts added, you can also click on the Preview button to see which discount is applied to this booking.
As always, please contact us with questions any time. We're happy to help.