How do I estimate the cost of a booking?
Do you want to know how your Rategenie rates will translate into an actual booking total? Estimate the cost of a hypothetical booking using the Cost Estimator feature.
- On Rates page, click on the Actions button.
- Select Estimator from the dropdown menu.
- When the Cost Estimator modal appears, select the Rental for which you want to estimate rates. In the example below, we have selected the "Rental Test".
- Select the Arrive Date and Depart Date for the booking. This allows you to estimate the rates for a booking spanning the specified dates for your chosen rental. In the example below, we have selected an arrival date of August 14, and a departure date of August 18.
- Enter the number of Adults and Children that will be booked for the stay. In the example below, we have selected an adult count of 2.Estimated rates will be calculated after applying additional guest fees and length of stay discounts, if applicable, for the number of guests specified. In the example below, we see that our Base Charge minus LOS Discounts provides an estimated cost of $449.49 for the selected dates.
- Costs can be estimated without specifying a channel. However, if any Channel Adjustment Rule or Currency Adjustment Rule is added, you have the option to select a channel and see channel specific booking totals. In the example below, we have selected Booking.com as the channel. This will show us the estimated cost if the booking was made on Booking.com.The booking total will be adjusted to reflect the value of the adjustment. In the example below, we see that the base charge minus discounts provides an estimated cost of $610.05 for the selected dates.
- Click the Done button to exit the Cost Estimator.