Create a New Manual Rate
Manually modifying rates on your calendar is easy in Rategenie. Manual rates represent the highest priority rates, and they will override any other rate on a given calendar date. You an add manual rates directly to the calendar, or you can add manual rates using the manual rates tab on the rates overlay.
Adding manual rates on the rates calendar
To add a manual rate directly to the rates calendar, click and drag to highlight the dates that you wish to change.
When the Add Manual Rates modal opens up, you can enter values into the following fields:
- Nightly Override: This represents a flat fee that will be applied to all selected dates, overriding any other rates on those dates.
- Percent Adjustment: This represents a positive or negative percent adjustment that will be applied to the existing rates on all selected dates.
- Minimum Stay: This represents the minimum number of nights that a guest must stay when making a booking.
- From Date: This represents the first date that the manual rate will be applied to.
- Until Date: This represents the last date that the manual rate will be applied to.
Click the Save button to add the manual rate to the calendar for your rental. NOTE: Please allow up to a few minutes for the rates to be updated, and the manual rates to be reflected on the calendar. Manual rates will appear on the calendar in blue.
Adding manual rates on the manual rates tab
Rates can also be added to a rental directly from the manual rates tab in the rates overlay. From your rates calendar, click the Manual Rates tab.
On the far-right, click the Add Manual Rate button to open the Add Manual Rate modal.
Complete all of the fields to create a new rate for that calendar date.
You can also adjust the existing rates showing in the calendar.
Press the Save button to add the new manual rate to the calendar. NOTE: Please allow up to a few minutes for the rates to be updated, and the manual rates to be reflected on the calendar. Manual rates will appear on the calendar in blue.
Adding multiple manual rates to the same date
If a manual rate already exists on a particular date, and you try to create another manual rate for the same date, Rategenie will automatically apply the most recent manual rate on top of any other rates for the selected dates.
Any overlapping rates will also have start and/or end dates modified so that the manual rates in the table are no longer overlapping.
This is done to prevent the manual rates list from getting large and difficult to manage.